Waltzing Mathilda

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Oh, well.

The Feeding of Real Food did not go as well as I had hoped. I steamed some butternut squash up yesterday, pureed it, and spooned it out into individual serving sizes, very proud of my attempts to make homemade baby food. Shortly after Mike and I ate dinner, Maddy started being fussy, which I interpreted as hunger. The first spoon full went in and Maddy got this look of horror and confusion on her face and began crying. Since sometimes it takes her a couple of spoonfuls to realize she is being fed, I tried a few more, putting a little bit in her mouth and watching it come right back out.

We decided to make her a bottle and while Michael was preparing it, I put a plug in her mouth. She promptly fell asleep. Oops.

After her nap, we tried again. She was a little cranky and still unhappy with the squash. We tried barley. She wasn't even happy with that, which was unusal. So we resorted to a bottle, watched "The Corpse Bride" and decided to try again the next day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home