Waltzing Mathilda

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Maddy's new thing...

is to throw herself on the floor and cry when she percieves something is not going her way. For example, let's say I am about to give her a peppermint pattie and I take 2 seconds too long to undo the wrapper. Tilda-tantrum ensues.

I do not like Maddy's new thing.

We went to the Beer, Bourbon, amd BBQ fest yesterday in Timonium, MD. Pretty enjoyable actually. I got to sample some beers I had never tried-notably an Indian Brown Ale, Raven Ale (on tap), the Clipper City Maerzen, and Dogfish Head 60 minute IPA. I normally don't like IPAs, so that was pretty impressive. BBQ was quite good too.

Last weekend we got 6 inches of snow. Today, I got a sunburn on my back while working in my garden. And not just any sunburn-a 3 inch thick swatch of bright-pink skin across my entire lower back. So I look like a zebra.

But my chives are coming back in full bloom, my garlic is on its way, I have started my 'maters, eggplant, herbs, and peppers, and I planted some strawberries, broccoli, onions and lettuce. Yay, Future Food!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home