Waltzing Mathilda

Friday, September 14, 2007

Boston Pop Rocks

So, here in Boston on another business trip. Staying at a super-nice hotel, although one of the amenities offered is that, for a fee, they will put a bathroom scale in your room.

Um, why would anyone want that?

The flight here was beautiful since the East Coast is currently experiencing magnificent weather. Clear skies, low humidity and cool temperatures. But it was quite depressing that it took less time for me to fly from Baltimore to Boston than it has for me to drive to work every day this week. In fact, I could have flown to Boston and back and it still would have been a shorter trip.

Egad.

But since the weather was so clear and we were flying so low, it was cool to look at the land below. At one point, I saw a huge graveyard with tiny tombstones surrounded by acres and acres of bigger tombstones. I had to do a double take to realize that it was a graveyard surround by suburban houses. Funny that from a certain viewpoint, they don't look too different from one another.

Upon arriving in the airport and getting down to baggage claim, the first thing I saw there was a pigeon. Like he was try to pick up some bags after a long flight.

At night, though, it actually got chilly enough to where I wished I had brought a sweater with me. I know my sister and brother-in-law would dub me a wuss for this. Oh well.

Anyhow, my goal this weekend is to find some fantastic clam chowdah. Supposedly the hotel I am staying at has a chowder that is so good and has won so many chowder competitions that it is no longer eligible to participate anymore. So we'll see about that.

Pomegranate martinis are genius. I totally have to make them for Christmas.

"This is Ripley, last surving crew member of the Nostromo, signing off. "

3 Comments:

  • At 3:07 PM, Blogger Kelly said…

    Wuss!

    and don't forget, the chowdah at Legal Seafoods in Copley Place is nothing to sniff at...

     
  • At 8:57 PM, Blogger waltzingmathilda said…

    Yeah, but I've come across four of them within a 2 block radius. It's actually pretty irritating.

     
  • At 8:14 AM, Blogger Kevin Smith said…

    Four Legal Seafoods? Are you kidding me? Egad.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home