Waltzing Mathilda

Friday, September 14, 2007

Damn You, "Irish" Pubs

You ain't Irish. You ain't nothin'.

They trick me with their damn Gaelic names. Gaelic writing on the walls. Wood beams on the ceilings. It looked like some of the real pubs I visited in Scotland. But damn it-there are quesadillas on the menu. And the beers range from crap to everyday mediocre. Damn you, tricksy "pubs."

Grrr.

In Boston, people pay no attention to crosswalks, pedestrian lights, etc...Instead, one idiot will look up and down the street, evaluate the traffic and decide to go for it anyway. Others will follow the idiot and cross the street with cars barreling towards them at full speed. I decided I could easily become a mass murderer simply by crossing the street at the right (i.e. wrong) time.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:19 AM, Blogger Kelly said…

    If you are feeling adventurous, I can make a few recommendations for true Irish pubs, such as the Phoenix in Central Square, a nice place in the Southie (I'll have to ask Kev the bane- was somethign like Grogans), The Druid in Inman Square, etc. You'll never find a proper pub near Copley.

    And you should try driving in Boston- its the same as the walking, except with 2 tons of metal wrapped around you...

    by the wat, that was me on the other comment as well- didn't know Kev was signed in.

     
  • At 8:20 AM, Blogger Kelly said…

    Never mind, the other comment didn't come through anyway...

    can you tell by my typing that I haven't had coffee yet?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home