Waltzing Mathilda

Sunday, September 30, 2007

One Millionth Billionth of a Millisecond on A Sunday Morning

My "Spanish Word of the Day" was parasito. This means something.

Lately, Maddy has the ability to be both a complete angel and evil hell-fiend, typically at the same time. (i.e. smiling as she pours cider onto her high-chair tray and onto the floor.) I think I will lose weight just because I now spend most of my meals mopping up after her.

No progress on the costume front. We have thought maybe Wonder Woman and maybe Wednesday Addams. Mainly so we can dress up accordingly as well (i.e. other superheros or Gomez & Morticia). Yes, I will be a glorified Accessory to Maddy's Halloween costume.

I bought a new oven. It took much convincing on the part of my meddling family. Apparently, when given a good dose of mojito, I do nothing but complain about my kitchen, especially my oven. (Good to know I don't have any real problems). So my family was dismayed when I passed up an extremely good deal on a ceramic flat-top black Maytag oven. After a barrage of insults and name-calling from the family and a half-hearted discussion with my husband, I decided to go get it. With the help of my parents, especially my dad, who, fortunately, knows how to wire an oven and accepts Sam Adams as a form of payment, I have a brand new oven.

Of course, I was so tired after the trip home and hanging up Halloween decorations all day that I was too tired to cook and try it out. But it shore do look pretty!

I made caramel apples this weekend but don't like how they came out. I will have to try again. Will be making Spirited Pumpkin Pie sometime this week.

Did I mention I am teaching college-level ESL at a local community college? I love it. But sometimes I feel like a talkative wombat, flapping my wings when I am in front of the class. Despite the fact I am not sure if wombats have wings and I am fairly certain they do not talk. But talkative, wing-flappin' wombat seems to be a good description.

Ugh. Need to start Christmas shopping soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home