Waltzing Mathilda

Sunday, September 23, 2007

The Maryland Cleavagssaince Festival

Otherwise known as the Maryland Renaissance Festival. It's something I have wanted to attend for years but never got around to doing. Thanks to my parents, I went on a whim and took Maddy with me. I would have wanted to totally geek out and dress up, but I've been extremely busy lately and have not yet learned how to sew. As it was, it would have been boiling given the 100something degree temperature today (doesn't the planet realize it's autumn now?)

As it was, the festival is full of pretty yummy food, excellent craftmanship, and lots of....cleavage. The cleavage actually became a bit of obsession for my sister who was mesmerized by chin-level bosoms. She actually began a photojournal of some of the worst offenders, sort of like a Medieval What Not to Wear.

Maddy was mainly fascinated by rocks and tried to pick up every one she saw. And yes, the streets were made of gravel.

But she did get to ride a horse.....




And I tried not to spaz out with mother, father, sister, and two small kids in tow....



Rory got a princess hat and both her and Maddy danced to some lovely bagpipes on stage.
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home