Waltzing Mathilda

Friday, April 18, 2008

Man, I feel old...

I often joke about feeling old because I don't really have a good sense of humor. Therefore, I have to resort to sarcastic self-deprecation.

But I read something that made me feel truly old for the first time ever.

In talking about the new X-Files movie, some commentator wrote that the average college kid today would have been around 4 years old when the series began.

EGAD!

I remember anxiously awaiting the series to begin in middle school. While my fellow classmates with social lives were out doing things on Friday nights, I would hole up in my room waiting for 9PM and the show to begin.

Afterwards, I would hope online to these newfangled things called "chat rooms" and exchange theories about the show with other geeks.

I was crushed when they moved it to Sunday-I was once again left with nothing to do on Friday nights.

But 4 years old? Really?!?

2 Comments:

  • At 1:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I read that same article and thought it was a joke. We can't be that old!

     
  • At 2:27 PM, Blogger Misty Beethoven said…

    I'm right there with you. Friday nights were awesome (I was in high school, not middle school, you are not old, I AM old). Friday ruled because X-Files were on at 9pm and then Homicide: Life on the Street was on at 10pm. Ahhh, the good old days!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home