Waltzing Mathilda

Friday, September 05, 2008

Chaos

Can't believe it is September already. I feel like it should be early June.

With the coming of September, it seems like all Hell has broken loose. We have so much going on. I started teaching again. Initally, I was a little bummed about teaching because I never received my evaluations from last semester and I was wondering if I totally bombed. Fortunately, someone pulled them for me and I received nothing but positive reviews from my students. I was totally stoked. Then Tilda put my copy of the evals on top of some raw chicken, so I had to pitch them. Didn't want to hold onto to evals full of praise and raw chicken juices.

Tilda graduated to "real" preschool. She is pretty much potty-trained but still at the stage where "Mommy, I have to go potty!" causes me fear and a grave sense of urgency. She seems to like her new teachers, who have been teaching the kids Spanish. One day, she walked around reciting "Me llamo Mathilda." I was proud.

Her new obsession is Nightmare Before Christmas. She has watched it almost every day for the past week and a half.

Schools are back in session throughout the region, so our commute as worsened by 50% and we have to get up 1/2 hour earlier. Erg.

The zombie movie starts filming this weekend. Yup, the weekend we are supposed to get Tropical Storm Hanna droppings.

I'm trying to talk Mike into going back to school. Because life for us isn't hectic enough.

And last but not least, the 'rents are in Europe (damn them!) and I am watching their dog Chaos. Chaos is the last dog we had when I was a kid, so he's John McCain-in-dog-years-old. He only has 3 1/2 teeth, all pointing in various directions. He can't pee like a true male dog-when he tries to lift his leg, he loses his balance and topples over (I try not to laugh, but it's kinda funny. Don't worry. Instant karma's gonna get me). It takes him forever to get up from the floor and many times when I tell him to get up he just looks at me with a glance that says, "No. Really. It's not worth it."

He is also having issues with our backyard. For one, it seems as though he has a never ending desire to pee on my tomatoes. This is not really something I want to happen, so he leans towards them and I tug him away. Apparently, I am cramping his style and discouraging his peeing-mojo. The other issue is that there is a dog next door to us that barks at Chaos most of the time we take him out. For some reason, this causes anxiety for Chaos, so he won't go. It's like the space-between-a-urinal-rule, but with entire backyards.

Lastly, we have been rewatching Scrubs reruns. I am surprised how well them hold up on a second viewing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home