Waltzing Mathilda

Thursday, April 13, 2006

V for Vendetta

Maddy does not like socks.

Every single time we put socks on her, she manages to pull them off. This has been going on for weeks. I have even tried putting on socks meant for older kids (they still fit her feet, but go all the way up to her knees.) I thought these would be harder for her to pull off. Alas, while in the car one day, I turned around to see Maddy pulling her socks off-looked like she was pulling taffy.

Lately, she has decided she would rather have the socks in her mouth than on her feet. Yum.

We decided to go to First Friday this past week. People gathering downtown, listening to crappy country music and studying their fellow residents as if they were in a freak show. It was fairly warm, maybe in the high sixties, and I decided not to bother putting socks on Maddy. On the way out, Michael questioned me about it, making me feel like he was considering calling child welfare on me. Just like Britney Spears. But he doesn't understand. I am home with Maddy all day-this sock issue is a little war for us. I was momentarily surrendering, and he made me feel guilty about it.

And yes, her feet were cold on the way home.

Ugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home