Waltzing Mathilda

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Krazy Kat

After Kit-Kat died, I told Mike I wasn't interested in another cat. Then I saw someone giving away kittens on freecycle. I sent him the link, mainly out of boredom (I was at work). But he responded that they were awful cute and he wanted to get a new kitten. His reasoning? He's always had two cats (Oh-kay).

Because boredom persisted, I went to the Official Mutts site to see if they would recommend pet shelters. Found a link to Petfinder and eventually this fella:



I LOVE HIM. He looks f*#$ing insane. Which makes me love him more. And he would coordinate with Igor. I emailed the shelter to see if he is still available. His name is Aslan, but soon he will be Megaweapon. If he is available that is. Fingers crossed.

Other news? I cut my first pumpkin today, cooked it in the oven and froze the pulp. Will use to make some yummy pumpkin concoction next weekend (Frosten Pumpkin Cranberry Bars probably). Speaking of Halloween oriented stuff, Michael and I stopped by Target last night. They put out Halloween kids clothes and boxer shorts. We stocked up-it's the only time I will buy kids clothes new at retail prices. Maddy is now the proud owner of a glow-in-the-dark skeleton hoodie. 18 months so she can wear it till Christmas. :)

Also made Oatmeal Scotchies. Yummy!

And Mike and I escaped Maddy's clutches to see Snakes on a Plane. Wow. I rate this movie 3 Slouches on the Jamee Scale O' Terrormeter (representing how many times I slouched in my seat and pointed at the screen mumbling something incoherent about snakes). I don't recall the last time I have ever jumped in a movie so often or been so concerned about the fate of Sam Jackson (really, I had no idea about Deep Blue Sea. Wasn't concerned about him at all in that one. Until...) Great movie? No. It had plot holes, some cheesy dialogue, and you can tell Sam Jackson's most quoted line was cobbled into the film. Was it the most fun I had in a movie since I can't remember when? Definitely. And try to guess whose gonna get it. You will be wrong 50% of the time, I guarantee it.

Sunday night and all three of us are kinda sick. Maddy and I have had runny noses and Michael sounds really bad. Not looking forward to another Monday. Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

  • At 8:30 AM, Blogger Kelly said…

    Egad- you NOTICED THE PLOT HOLES?

    You are just like Mom.

    K ;)

     
  • At 10:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I resemble that remark, hope you feel better kidlet.
    md

     
  • At 3:24 PM, Blogger waltzingmathilda said…

    Can you guys fight somewhere else? Please?

     
  • At 8:45 AM, Blogger Kelly said…

    Who's fighting?

    You and your other half were the ones who said I was just like mom for noticing plot holes (that were about as subtle as Dame Edna and Shaquille O'Neil in a rickshaw in Kentucky) in Snakes On a Plane- I was just responding in kind...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home