Waltzing Mathilda

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Something you probably don't want to think about

Michael and I realized last week that we haven't seen a single fly since Kit Kat was put down.

It's kind of an icky thought.

Also got word from my sister that my other childhood pet, Mercedes "Bitty," was put down this past weekend. Mercy was a miniature schnauzer with a love for mashed potatoes and spaghetti-to the point that her beard was permanently stained red. She was a sweet, spastic dog. She was supposed to be MY dog-I named her after two of my favorite literary characters (at the time)-"Mercy" from The Witch of Blackbird Pond and author Mercedes Lackey. My mother, however, decided that Mercy had the "littlest bitty butt in the house" so she was dubbed Bitty. Dad referred to her as Butthead. When the 'rents moved to Hawai'i, I couldn't keep her due to lack of space (living in a trailer) and chose Kit Kat instead. Then when my parents moved back to the mainland, they thought that Bitty wasn't getting enough attention and gave her to a loving family who gave her a good home for the remainder of her life. She apparently had a tumor and died at age 13.

Mom? Dad? Take care of the Dude, ok?

In other news, I now I have 13 pumpkins. I think that is a great number of pumpkins to have-can't wait till Halloween...

1 Comments:

  • At 10:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dude is fine though addicted to bones.
    As for pumpkins, one day you will wake up and they will be covering your house. Have you thought of opening basement door and letting them grow there...:)
    md

     

Post a Comment

<< Home