Waltzing Mathilda

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Did someone shift the Earth closer to the Sun while I was gone?

I mean, even Bush has to be thinking that maybe there's something to this global warming thing.

Oh wait. That would require thought. My bad.

It is so hot, the girl in "Raspberry Beret" would probably go so far as to take off her hat. I just got back from Florida and it was cooler there. You know something is wrong when you find Florida an enjoyable place to be.

My greatest concern is my garden. My pumpkins are now only a foot or two away from my door-I expect to hear them knocking to come into the AC. I have four pumpkins now-one is even orange. Totally excited.

I also discovered some foot long zucchini and squash and two baby acorn squashes. I have tons of tomatoes, all still green. My parsley is not looking good-probably a combination of the heat and the beating it is getting from the acorn squash. What does that one boxer say to Rocky? Oh yeah. "I will crush you." Poor parsley.

Other than that, nothing else going on. I start school again sometime this month but am afraid to actually figure out when. Michael is stunned that he is now the father of a one year old. Maddy is teething a great deal and hasn't been her usual cheerful self but she gets better every day.

The next mix will be hard, but I am in.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:04 AM, Blogger Puck said…

    Awww, you pimped me!!! Than you!!!

    Yeah, this is going to be tough mix, only the trult committed need apply - but I think, the best one evah.

    Love ya!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home