Waltzing Mathilda

Saturday, August 12, 2006

"They don't look like Presbyterians to me."

Michael went to Horrorfind today to kidnap George Romero and bring him home to me. He just called and told me he was unsuccessful. Grrr.

But overall, Maddy and I have had a good day. Being Michaelless, I decided that I didn't want to miss out on this gorgeous weather we are having (God must have gotten tired of wreaking vengeance on us and went on vacation for the weekend) and thought walking around the town of Frederick would be the best way to enjoy it. We went to the farmer's market and bought peaches, scouted for clothes at the Salvation Army, and ate Chai ice cream for lunch (yes, I am a terrible mother for giving my 1 year old caffienated ice cream. Deal.)

Just checked on the garden-a few more tomatoes are almost ripe. I searched, as I always do, for some evidence that I actually have beans on my pole bean bush-I have never seen any. But this time I saw one! Excited, I bent down to grab it-and it skittered away. Confused, I tried again and finally realized that my green bean had eyes and looked like this:







Eep! I jumped up as I realized what it was and saw that my first green bean was actually at eye level. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home