Waltzing Mathilda

Monday, December 04, 2006

Listen All Of Y'all, It's A Sabotage

Kelly dropped off a pre-birthday gift tonight when I was at school and unable to defend my domain.

Cookies.

Not just any cookies. Some peanut butter chocolate concoction. I don't really like peanut butter cookies. However, after Maddy was born, the hospital wouldn't let me eat anything. I even had to beg for some water. They said they had to make sure they had reconnected me correctly before I was allowed to eat.

That's a reassuring thought.

Eventually given the go ahead, I had gradually progressed from Jello (I was so hungry it actually tasted good) to nasty a** hospital food when in walks my sister around noon with bucket full of these cookies. I thanked her and set them aside thinking Michael would eat them when he returned after work. And then I got hungry. And they kept bringing me hamburgers (I don't eat red meat). So I had one. And then another. They were phenomenal.

By the time Michael found out I had actually been delivered cookies (strange, I forgot to mention that?) they were gone. And he's bitched about it ever since. Like I didn't have my body sliced open and stitched back together, possibly incorrectly, and he's complaining I didn't let him try a cookie.

So, Kelly, thanks for the cookies and the walk down memory lane. I had one and it still tasted great, with the slightest hint of hospital. But because I know what your true cookie agenda is, I did only have one.

Bee-yotch.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    All's fair in love and war!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home