Waltzing Mathilda

Friday, November 10, 2006

Blog, blog, blog, 'til the Boss-man takes the 'puter awa

Ah, Las Vegas. Shiny.

The first time I went to Vegas was on vacation with Mike in May 2005-a last ditch "Let's-go-on-vacation-before-we-become-parents" sorta thing. 5 months pregnant, 100 degree heat...not so much fun.

But coming back on a business trip, it feels very familiar, "homey" if you will. It's loud, kitsch-y, and fake, of course. But where else can you get food from any nation at 3am in the morning? Play slots before or after breakfast and have a margarita at the same time? (For my G's benefit, no, I don't do this myself, but appreciate the fact that I could do it if I want.) It seems like anything you want to do, you can do, at any hour of the day. And that's just cool by me.

And I love the hotels-the Venetian is decadent, I love the fountains at Bellagio and the erupting volcano at Mirage. It's goofy and over-the-top and such a sight to see.

Not to say it's not expensive-Starbucks here sells my Venti coffee at $5.15! A glass of OJ will run you $3.99. Yikes.

But the weather is great and the mountains are beautiful against the clear blue sky. Overall, I just like Vegas.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home