Waltzing Mathilda

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Beginning of the End

It's not every day that someone thrusts potatoes in your face and says "Eat this!"

Unless, of course, you lived in Ireland during the Famine.

I attended an exhibit today where they showcased a TON of fruits and vegetables. If heaven exists, I would imagine it would look a lot like what I saw today-a convention center full of juice, veggies and other yummy things. Beautiful stuff and it was great to see products "coming soon to a grocery store near you."

I didn't sample much, being that I was full from lunch and because of my "status" at the convention, but I walked past one table where they had prepackaged potatoes and some guy eagerly thrust some at me. I took it politely and then secretly wondered if I could politely hand it off to some of the homeless people I have seen on the streets.

I was discussing this with someone when I learned that this particular exhibition donates the unused food to a local food bank. It's the best thing I've heard since I've been in San Diego.

Tonight is my last night and, while I am not looking forward to the flight (nor the weather-I have been enjoying the 75 degree, sunny October days), I am looking forward to going home. My coworker took me out tonight after work and, being that I have not owned a watch in 3 years, I had no idea that we had chatted for 3 hours until she told me it was 9PM. Too late to call Mike and Maddy and wish them a good night. I am a terrible person.

Luckily for them, my punishment is being administered by the City of San Diego which has decided to DRILL A BIG HOLE IN THE STREET OUTSIDE MY HOTEL ROOM. It is loud. I do not like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home