Waltzing Mathilda

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Happy October!

Today is the first day of my favorite month of the year. And I have had plenty of time to enjoy it since Maddy woke us up at 5am. At least the extra time allowed for Halloween decorating and attending Oktoberfest.

Maddy does impersonations. Didn't realize it? Tonight we filled the bathtub with water in preparation for the bath. Plopped her in the tub where she, with smiling face and chubby cheeks, did her impersonation of one of those cherubs-urinating-in-water fountains. Pretty good impersonation too.

BillMurray is insane. I always thought that I would like a cat who likes to be petted and spend time around humans. Unfortunately, I got what I want. BillMurray has this incredible fascination with me, especially at the most inconvenient times possible-when I am eating (he tries to take my food), while I am sleeping (he trys to suffocate me) and when I am walking (he tries to remove my toes). I get revenge by letting the baby play with him. She thinks his legs, like the rest of her toys, are detachable. At this point, I am kinda curious to see if they are too.

Speaking of BillMurray, one of his favorite toys is Maddy's plug. He bats it around for a while then picks it up in his mouth and trots away. I would have gotten a picture, but it was way too early in the morning. I hope Maddy doesn't try to take it from him-last time she took someone's plug, they bit her (at daycare).

Only 5 more days until the season premiere of Battlestar Galactica. Mike, Kelly, Kevin, and I finally caught up on Saturday night. Has anyone else considered the significance that Gaius Baltar shares initials with George Bush?

2 Comments:

  • At 2:41 PM, Blogger ekrobi said…

    Halloween-themed cocktails!

    http://www.digsmagazine.com/host/host_halloweencocktails.htm
    http://www.digsmagazine.com/host/host_halloweencocktailsII.htm
    http://www.digsmagazine.com/host/host_halloweencocktailsIII.htm

     
  • At 10:13 PM, Blogger waltzingmathilda said…

    Hmmm...eyeball cocktails sound fabulous. Thanks!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home