Waltzing Mathilda

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Why Chocolate is Not Good For Kids

There's the obvious reasons you should not feed your kid chocolate-it can contribute to childhood obesity, it can be bad for the teeth, some say it can make your kid hyper...

But I have another reason I bet you haven't thought of before.

In the eyes of a child, a chocolate chip looks very much like a dead spider.

It's 3PM, my job is does not exercise my mind, and I found need for some chocolate. The only chocolate we have in the house are chocolate chips. I snuck a handful upstairs but Maddy knew I had something especially yummy. So I handed her some and we both munched away happily.

A few minutes after we finished, I noticed she reached down to the carpet. Figuring she dropped a chip, I paid no mind until I noticed a leg sticking out of her mouth.

The horror.

So no more chocolate chips for her. Not only because it might lead to more bug eating, but if she can't tell the difference between the two, I ain't going to waste my Ghiradelli on her.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:50 AM, Blogger Kelly said…

    Chocolate spiders don't move! CHOCOLATE SPIDERS DON'T MOVE!!!!

    ~ The Critic

     

Post a Comment

<< Home