Waltzing Mathilda

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Meet BillMurray




No, not this Bill Murray. Although it is a mighty fine picture of him.






No I am talking about this BillMurray-



We picked BillMurray up today in some nondescript PetSmart off of the Beltway. So far, this is all BillMurray has done. I have never seen a cat so eager to cuddle. BillMurray will cuddle with anyone. Even me. And I am not a cat person.

Well, almost anyone-


That's a pic of Maddy reaching for BillMurray. BillMurray did not appreciate being reached at. Fortunately, BillMurray remained cool and waited for one of us to snatch Maddy away before she did real harm. Like she normally does.

The other being whom BillMurray has not had the opportunity to snuggle with is Igor. Igor has ignored us since we brought BillMurray home. Little does he know we only got BillMurray because of him.

Sigh.

Overall, though, it has been a great weekend! Every weekend I make plans for things I want to get accomplished around the house. Invariably, I end up on the bed, reading magazine or taking a nap. This weekend, however, I actually got things done.

Things I wanted to get done this weekend:
-whack weeds
-patch hole in roof
-get BillMurray
-bake pumpkin cookies
-read 3 chapters about acquiring a second language and write paper
-work a bit
-assemble bike (which i got free!)
-ride said bike
-make porch look fall-like
-fix front door (window in front door is slowly but surely falling off)
-clean up garden

Things I actually got done this weekend:
-whack weeds
-patch hole in roof
-get BillMurray
-assemble bike (which i got free!)
-ride said bike
-make porch look fall-like
-fix front door (window in front door is slowly but surely falling off)
-clean up garden

Notice that "read chapters" was not on the actually got done list. I hate starting a new semester. So hard to get into the rhythm of things. That said, I really should get started on that paper.

And on that note:

Bill Murray: [Coughs] Doc, what could I do for this cough?
RZA: Shit, I was just thinking about that. Check this out: you get some hydrogen peroxide...
Bill Murray: We got that for cuts and stuff.
RZA: ...take fifty percent hydrogen peroxide, fifty percent water. You gargle with it. Do *not* swallow, you spit it out. Don't swallow, Bill Murray.
GZA: And if that doesn't work, try oven cleaner.
Bill Murray: We got that in the back, too.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:43 AM, Blogger Kelly said…

    What about the cookies?!

    Good name, by the way.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home