Waltzing Mathilda

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

The Audubon Guide to Sloppy and Style-less

I got my hair cut yesterday. I did what I normally do-wander into a salon, explain to the hair cutter type person that I know nothing about hair and that its a good day if I even remember to brush it, sit in the chair and hope they will magically transform me into something at least presentable to the general public.

I told her I wanted something "messy" and short. The messy to get by with as little attention as possible and the short to prevent my kid from making me go prematurely bald. She pulls hard.

I could have saved $14 bucks and just stuck my head in my weed wacker.

To top it off, Mike now refers to me as the "rare, North American short-haired Jamee."

Speaking of hair pulling, Maddy, being a one year old has tons of toys about the house. Toys that make noise, toys that teach, and toys that simply just take up space. Her favorite toy? Her parents. She has learned that just like she can press a button on one of her plastic toys and hear a noise (teaches cause and effect!), she can jab her finger into Mike's or my eye and hear a corresponding yelp. And it makes her giggle. Maniacally. And then she does it again.

Stressed out because of a major job decision. Interviewed today for a position as a kindergarten teacher (really? me? teach kindergarten?). Have to decide if I want to go for that or possibly seek a promotion with my current company. It's causing much stress-for example, I have been awake now for 19 hours-woke up at 330 am this morning.

I also have a leak in my house. You can say something stupid-"when it rains, it pours", for example, but that would just make the leak get worse and I would probably put a hex on you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home