Waltzing Mathilda

Monday, January 22, 2007

Ego Trippin'

Maddy eats practically everything. She rarely turns down food. I have made her mashed sweet potatoes, thick with garlic and spicy steak seasoning, lentils with feta and onion, and spicy Chinese dishes with tons of red hot pepper flakes. She eats it all.

I have been very proud of my kid and my cooking. Was beginning to think that my food tasted so good, Maddy quickly overcame whatever natural aversions kids have to foods. Was proud that my child's refined palate led her to appreciate my fine cooking early on.

Today I watched her dump water into her tray and dip her leftover hamburger in it, as though it were a fine sauce. She then gleefully began chomping on the soggy meat.

Ew.

There goes my ego. I could make her a cat food and berry smoothie and she would probably be just as happy.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I could have told you that....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home