Waltzing Mathilda

Monday, January 29, 2007

Progress Reports

Today was a teacher work day. Report cards. I also thought teacher work days were simply an excuse for teachers to sit around and talk smack about their students. Turns out I was right.

Maddy also got a progress report. According to daycare, she regularly does things like recognize her name, demonstrates increased independence, and follows directions (really? since when?) She never "participates in role playing" (i.e. animal sounds) or tries to play on playground equipment by herself. She "sometimes" does everything else. She likes flashcards, songs, books, and circle time (sounds pagan). She can say "clean up" "goodbye," "outside," and "bubble" (really? haven't heard those last three).

Hmm. Well then.

We have heard her say "Mommy" and "Daddy" of course. This weekend she learned "ball." She demonstrated this by picking up a ball, throwing it across the room and yelling "Ball!" I should probably discourage her, but its just so darn cute.

Lately she has developed a fondness for blackberries. Yum.

Now for my progress report. I'm tired and was sick all last week. I have too few students and too much planning time. In other words, I'm kinda bored. Which means I dread going to school. I wake up and hope its a snow day. I take a shower, hoping a sudden blizzard will strike my localized area. I drive to school, hoping for snow and early dismissal. I go through the day, hope diminishing as the clock ticks away. I cheer up only during lunch and when I am actually teaching. I drive home and go to work at my other job or to class. Brief break for dinner, then back to work. Put Maddy to bed, brush teeth, say a prayer for snow, go to sleep and wake up to start the day again.



12 more weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home