Waltzing Mathilda

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Recipe for Disaster

Courtesy of my sister-in-law-thanks, Emily!

So Denver recap. I am sitting in the airport now, 3 hours before my flight, hoping to catch a slightly earlier flight out. Thoughts about Denver-I only saw the downtown area-I would have liked to go see the Rockies and some more scenery. The downtown area was kinda nondescript-as I mentioned before, it is safe and clean and...so-so.

I think the thing that struck me most about Denver are the plains-I have never seen land stretch out that far before. It's awesome! Kinda unnerving too, although I couldn't explain why. I was just struck by seeing flatland stretch out uninterrupted as far as the eye can see. That is, of course, only to the east of Denver (at least, that's what I think-my geography is terrible). To the west of Denver are the Rockies. It is neat to be out in the sun, 70 degrees, sipping a beer, and seeing snowcapped mountains in the background. In fact, it is supposed to snow tonight. Hence, I am leaving today.

Would I come back to Denver? If I had to, I wouldn't complain. But I wouldn't freely come back here. I would explore Colorado more tho.

Next time, though, I would try to bring my little family. Been having terrible nightmares...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home