Waltzing Mathilda

Saturday, May 26, 2007

All the News You Can Use

Argh! So I have been spending the last few weeks trying to get my life back together after the end of my student internship. Going back to work full-time, cleaning the house, and trying to figure out who the strange guy and small child that seem to be residing in my house are. Elves? Nymphs?

I had the good fortune to go visit the 'rents one last time in the house I love so much. Spent time playing in the pool with Maddy and falling asleep in the sun. And having someone make sammiches for me. Bliss.

Coming back, we have tackled replacing the vinyl on our bathroom floor-our first major house project. More on that later (with pictures!-aren't youexcited)

Also trying to figure out why our daycare had to complete an "Incident Report" for Maddy. Turns out she has been trying to eat her fellow classmates. One day she tried to bite other kids 9 times but she only succeeded once. And here's how bad I have it-in trying to determine behavior correction strategies with Michael, his main suggestion was to dress her up as Hannibal Lecter and wheel her into daycare.



Although that is a great idea for a Halloween costume...hmmm...

I am also taking advantage of Memorial Day weekend and Ancestry.com's offer of a free 3-day platinum membership. Plugging in all information I have about my family and using census and military records to fill in the pieces. Wanna know where the census shows my great-grandfather in 1930? You guessed it-Baltimore City Penitentiary.

What's really creepy is finding out that one of my first ancestors who came to this country came from England in the 1700s and settled right here in Frederick County. In fact, the aforementioned incarcerated relative of mine was born and lived no more than 15 miles from where I am now. Given how my family has traveled all over the place, it seems strange that my sister and I ended up here.

At least for now.

Too bad we did inherit any land.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home