Waltzing Mathilda

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Social Diseases

A teacher has invited me to a shindig at her house. Shindigs, parties, and other such gatherings generally send me into nervous fits. I am terrible at making small talk or conversing with non-bloodrelatives in general. I realize that I tend to come off as an idiot no matter what evasive action I may take. I tend to say things that only make sense to me, talk too fast, and/or hide in corners. (My blood relatives would probably say I do the same things with them, now that I think about it.)

Therefore, I rarely take people up on such invitations. But I don't want my kid to be a hermit like me, so I am trying to force myself to participate in such things. I told Mike about it and he agreed we should go. "Might be fun," he said.

"But what if she is some sort of pyschomanickillertypeperson?" I said, half-jokingly. "And this is a ruse to trap and murder me?"

"That's OK," he said. "Cause then I'll have a Jamee-skin lamp."

And I have anxieties about other people?

1 Comments:

  • At 8:37 PM, Blogger CHEEEEEEEEEESY said…

    I was bored so i was going through random blogs reading...
    listen to The Fine Art of Small Talk by Debra Fine. Don't know were u live put i think that they sell them at Kinkos..
    tata

     

Post a Comment

<< Home