Waltzing Mathilda

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Check out the evil....

My parents got Maddy a TMX Elmo (or what I call-Gang Rape Elmo-watch the video-you will see). Admittedly, it was my idea-I saw one at school and thought she would find it amusing.

She doesn't.

(Proof that she's my kid.)

Anyways, you have to check out the video above to appreciate this story. At first, it just made her cry. Now, she watches Elmo do his thing with a mixture of amusement, fear, and nervousness on her face. And, she has to be sitting in her lap. But one time, we turned Elmo on and he started doing his thing near her favorite stuffed cat-she leaped up out of my lap and "rescued" the cat before Elmo could touch it. Thinking it was a fluke, I tried it again with a variety of stuffed animals. Each time, Maddy yelped when she saw the animal was in "danger" and rescued it from Elmo.

I would be glad that at least Elmo is amusing me, but then I remember that I am writing about Elmo in the first place.

I'm so lame.

4 Comments:

  • At 9:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    u forgot to mention that this was your idea, just a small omission but one I think you should have professed too!

     
  • At 3:40 PM, Blogger Kevin Smith said…

    Also, what does your lameness have to do with Elmo...it preceded it from what I can tell.

     
  • At 4:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yes they are EVIL...I saw one in a toy store a month or so ago. I can't imagine a child actually playing with one...

     
  • At 9:55 PM, Blogger waltzingmathilda said…

    Kevin, I am not sure what you mean by that, but I am sue it is an insult and I hate you. pppptthbbed!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home