Waltzing Mathilda

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Buddhist-Quaker-Pagans Unite!!!!

I've been thinking a lot about religion lately. My job and current life is so rote that I have to believe that there is SOMETHING bigger than all of this....but the beliefs I was raised in and embraced as a child no longer "cut it." I am looking for something else.

I took this Belief-O-Matic quiz, as I have done many times before. I always get the same results. Unitarian Universalist is always number 1. Everyone I know gets this, so I always disregard it. Buddhism second (Theravada). Quaker third. Buddhism again (Mahayana). Quaker. Neo-pagan. Sigh. I feel like I am shopping for pasta. It's a terrible feeling. But there's got to be SOMETHING right? Otherwise, why? (To which Mike says "Why not?" Did I mention I despise my husband sometimes?)

No, I don' t think Belief-O-Matic, despite its great name, is the end-all of religious quests. It is highly amusing and nothing more. But still...makes you think?

1 Comments:

  • At 11:36 AM, Blogger Yewtree said…

    Many people get Unitarian Universalism at or near the top - but not everyone! I know a Christian who didn't get it anywhere near the top when she took the test - but nearly every pagan I know who has taken the test gets it near the top of the list.

    Here's my results.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home