Waltzing Mathilda

Thursday, October 02, 2008

How Children Make You Stupid

Having a child is the first step in the process of becoming senile.

It starts when they are young-they will say something along the lines of "I want to watch The Li'l Nermaid!"

So you refer to the movie as "The Little Nermaid" to humor the little bugger for days, weeks, months, etc...You feel stupid, but you should cherish these moments, right?

Then one day you offer to put "The Little Nermaid" in the DVD player only to be told-"No, mommy. It's "Little Mer-maid."

Or you feel bad that you have to wake the little bugger up early to get ready for school. So you carry her, sleepy-eyed, downstairs in her favorite blanket (WALL-E). When she wakes up some more, she chews you out because "the WALL-E blanket should be in the WALL-E bed!"

So you begin to feel stupid, useless and empty.

I am assuming it's only downhill from here.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:34 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Now you are beginning to understand .....:)

     
  • At 4:27 PM, Blogger James B said…

    My daughter up until now referred to my son as "Donner" (Desmond) and I find myself doing the same. The seems to be over it now, thankfully but I understand.

    James

     

Post a Comment

<< Home