Waltzing Mathilda

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Car Talk with 'Tilda & Jamee

A change of jobs means I am spending a lot more time with Tilda in the car. 

Call me a horrible mom, but this is NOT a good thing. 

For one, she asks a question every 20 seconds. Which would be somewhat tolerable if each and every  question didn't start out with:

"Mommy? Mommy! MOMMY?!?!"

If you don't respond within a split second, this refrain repeats itself until you do respond. Which would be slightly tolerable if the questions were not repeats of the questions you had answered just moments before. As in:

"Mommy? Mommy! MOMMY?!?!"

"Yes, Tilda?"

"Who drew this?" She holds up a printout that she had colored in only hours before. 

"Tilda drew that."

"Oh!"

20 seconds later...

"Mommy? Mommy! MOMMY?!?!"

"Yes, Tilda?"

"Who drew this?" She holds up a printout that she had colored in only hours before. 

"Tilda drew that."

"Oh!"

Rinse, wash, repeat.

I have tried to not answer her, but the cries of "Mommy!" only get louder, more obnoxious and increase in frequency. And I do feel a small twinge of guilt. I have also tried to play dumb: 

"Mommy? Mommy! MOMMY?!?!"

"Yes, Tilda?"

"Who drew this?" She holds up a printout that she had colored in only hours before. 

"Oh, I don't know." (This is, mind you, the 6th installment in the epic masterpiece that is this brilliant conversation.)

"Tilda drew it!"

All three of the above conversations tend to take place in the whole of three minutes. And then it repeats on a loop. 

I escape from this 9th dimension of hell only after I drop her off at school. Then I go to my school. Where I hear "Oh, miss!" on an endless loop. Then I go to Tilda's daycare to pick her up and drive her home. By this point, she has a new artistic wonder for me to marvel at and wonder "who drew it?"

Argh.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Trust me there will be a point in which you will go crazy cause she won't talk to you, enjoy the age now!
    MD

     

Post a Comment

<< Home