Waltzing Mathilda

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Killer Zucchini from Outer Space

So of course, its been raining almost constantly the past week. Today was the first day it didn't rain at all, so I thought I would go out and inspect my vegetable garden.

Eep!

Apparently zucchinis like rain. Some of them are taller than my 4 year old niece. The leaves are as big as basketballs. They are overshadowing my peppers (which I wanted more than zucchini) and blocking them from receiving any sun. One of the zucchinis was reaching out, bitchslapping a tomato plant.

My pumpkins, 'lopes, and other squash (I can't even remember what type specifically) have decided the yard is pretty nice and they are going to stretch out a chill a while. Stretch out two feet from where they are supposed to be.

My cucumbers have decided that they are Nazi Germany and the chives are Poland and are, consequently, invading.

My lettuces, mesclun, and spinach cried out "Eat me, already." So I will, probably tomorrow.

All in all, I expect next time I visit my veggies, one of them (a zucchini I suspect) will cry out "Feed me, Seymour."

1 Comments:

  • At 8:42 AM, Blogger Kelly said…

    I laughed out loud on the bitchslapping thing- too funny!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home