Waltzing Mathilda

Monday, June 26, 2006

Well, THAT was disgusting

It has been raining since...I don't even remember when it started, to be perfectly honest. All I know is that we received 6 inches of rain in the past 24 hours. Many government buildings closed, roads closed, and my trash can, which lost its lid sometime in March, is filled with water. And, of course, garbage bags. Garbage bags filled with dirty diapers and cat litter.

So tonight is trash night and I tried to pull the garbage can to our curb, forgetting of course, that Einstein already computed his famous theorem which stated:

(garbage can+nasty things)-lid+(rain x infinity)=Big, Smelly Nasty Thing.

I quickly realized the quandry I was in. The garbage can itself was too heavy for me to lift so I thought I should tip it over and let out a bit of the water. Oh, I can't even begin to describe the smell. But I imagine that if Dirty Jobs on Discovery came with sniff & scratch, it might be similar to that.

Plus, with the fly problem we have been having, I thought it would be bad idea to dump it in our alley way.

So I started taking the trash bags out one by one. Very carefully, because I buy the cheapest trash bags I can. The first one was fine, so was the second. The third bag disintegrated. Of course it was the one with the diapers AND the cat litter.

And of course, I was wearing Birks.

My neighbor, who is perpetually on his porch, was sitting and watching the entire escapade. He casually remarked, "Looks like you need a shovel."

Overall, it was pretty gross.

But I feel so bad-with my parents here, we completely forgot about the trashcan. I don't want the poor WM people to come to my house and find THAT mess. But I don't want to dump it in the street. And I don't want to dump it in our yard (like it isn't saturated already). So we are currently calling all parent-type people to get their advice.

And of course, during this debate, Michael mused, "We should drill a hole in the bottom."

Duh.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home