Waltzing Mathilda

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Its he-re!

Yes. We rented Basic Instinct 2. At the time, it seemed like a good idea. No, no-hear me out. At the time, we were in the mood to watch a comedy. This was the funniest thing on our Netflix queue we could think of.

But now that it's here, I'm afraid.

I keep trying to convince Michael that I really should see the first Basic Instinct-I mean, if they made a sequel, surely there is a complex narrative at play here and I should have the background before plunging into new material. Right?

Michael knows I'm stalling.

The least I can do is inflict this on my sister. That should lessen the pain. A little. My brother-in-law suggested doing shots. That would also lessen the pain. Until the next morning, that is.

Michael and I had this discussion/mildly heated argument on the way to the Y tonight. He insisted that I like bad movies and always whine about wanting to watch them. I countered with, "But I meant bad movies like Mansquito (a Sci-Fi original about a half-man, half-well, you know), not Basic Instinct II!." Mike glared.

But it's true-there's bad movies, and then there are bad movies.

Now, Basic Instinct III: Bride of Mansquito-that's a movie I would pay to see.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:39 AM, Blogger Kelly said…

    I'll watch Basic Instinct II when I can watch it as a trilogy with Basic Instinct and Basic Instinct III: Bride of Mansquito. Otherwise, hell no!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home