Waltzing Mathilda

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

"Tonight, on a very special ER..."






Maddy had her first trip to the emergency room on Sunday night..Poor little bug. Doc said it was just a viral infection, pumped her full of Tylenol and Motrin and sent us home. She still looks tired, is goopy, and you can see how red her nose is and how sad she looks.




She's going to the doctor again tomorrow.

Mike refers to December as "Jamee Appreciation month." A sweet way to express that he is a psychopath. As it is, today he sent me an email asking what I wanted for our special day tomorrow. I had no clue what he was talking about. Turns out, yesterday is the 10th anniversary of when we met. He's way more on top of this than I am.

But it's kinda scary-meeting him doesn't seem that long ago. Flashforward 10 years and I have graduated high school (Mike the pedophile!), college, gotten married, had a kid, bought a house and will finish my Master's within the next year. Not bad. But it's gone by so fast. I feel like I will go to sleep tonight and wake up tomorrow and he will be saying we met each other 20 years ago.

I'll have a ten year old then. Sheesh. She'll probably hate me to. Just because I posted that picture above.

In other news, our kitchen is actually livable now! It is now a wonderful "sugarplum" color, my Kill Bill poster looks great, and I have twice the workspace I originally had. I have so much cupboard space that everything is spread out and, get this...organized. My only problem is I am so used to cutting on my little ceramic countertop that I have to constantly remind myself I have a counter behind me.

Next project will be to paint my nasty cupboards black. And get a new toaster-sorry, but my white, $5 and 6 year old toaster from Walmart no longer does the trick. I will look for one of those 50s style black and silver ones. 'Twill look wicked!







1 Comments:

  • At 9:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    looks nice but where is backsplash?
    md

     

Post a Comment

<< Home