Waltzing Mathilda

Thursday, October 18, 2007

My Blue Heaven

Just got back from Vegas about an hour ago. Can't sleep, since I am still on Vegas time. Hoping to doze off soon.

The house was a mess, by the 'rents anniversary present came in so I can lord that over them for the next few weeks.

Vegas was same ole' same ole'. Lost about $10 in slots. That's not too bad, unless you consider the fact I was playing penny slots. Then it just becomes sad.

I got to see Louis C.K. there. He was great as always.

Highlights of Vegas trips for me are always food-related. I think my favorite thing was Roasted Tomato and Goat Cheese Omelet w/ Shallots (had it for breakfast twice) and Fried Calamari at the Irish pub I like. Yum. Dammit. Now I'm hungry.

But the best thing was the Blueberry Sage Martini-it was the perfect martini. It smelled wonderfully fragrant, yet clean & crisp and tasted like heaven too (if Heaven were drenched in Blueberry Stoli). The second one tasted even better.

Lychee Martinis-not so good.

Chocolate Martinis make a nice dessert.

Airport martini was so-so, but came in a takeway cup to board the plane with. Sweet!

And yes, I did gain 4 lbs while I was there-with all the walking too! Argh!

1 Comments:

  • At 6:15 PM, Blogger Kevin Smith said…

    Cool...

    The laws governing weight equilibrium do work!

    I lost four pounds while sick over the last week.

    :D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home