Waltzing Mathilda

Friday, November 09, 2007

New Orleans, Day 2

Day 2 started out with me waking up without a hangover (I know-everyone is SHOCKED). I did realize, however, that I must have broken a nail the night before. No, really-my finger is all black and blue and crap. And it throbs a little. Oh well.

I grabbed an apple from downstairs and went for a walk in the French Qtr. Had a second breakfast of beignets and cafe au lait and did a little christmas shopping. Met my boss for breakfast/lunch (no, not brunch-she had breakfast and I had lunch) and had my first taste of real New Orleans Red Beans & Rice. And the best buttermilk biscuit ever. How come I can't make biscuits like that?

This place, Mother's, had a line the entire time we were in there. The servers continously argued with the cooks. Hot sauce was plentiful. It was pure genius.


Work, work, work, then dinner at one of the Brennan's restaurants. Yummy.

Rinse, repeat. See you tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home