Waltzing Mathilda

Monday, December 10, 2007

Absolut-ly Fabulous

So my lovely brother-in-law searched all over the fine state of Maryland to find this for me for my birthday. He found it, made a custom label as wrapping paper, and my sister, husband and I merrily drank a concoction that I had during my trip to New Orleans. It was perfectly replicated and quite yummy.

So I have been looking for additional recipes to make with my newfoundjoy and came across this.

Now, part of the appeal of Absolut New Orleans is that 100% of the proceeds go towards the rebuilding. (The more you drink, the more good you are doing!!!) I doubt that the same thing will apply to the potential new cities but am quite concerned about the potential flavors that may arise. If I use the first flavor I think of when I think about the various cities...

Absolut Boston? Clam Chowder-flavored vodka. Hmmm...

Absolut Vegas? Chlamydia-flavored vodka. (Remember: What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.)

Absolut New York? Um, rat-flavored vodka?

Absolut Chicago? Yum....deep-dish-pizza-flavored vodka.

Absolut Philadelphia? Cheese-steak flavored vodka. (Mike says "Yum!" and starts drooling...)

Absolut Seattle? Coffee-flavored vodka...There we go! Oh, wait-doesn't that already exist? I think I call it "Kahlua"...

When you do vote for a city, you have to suggest a flavor and a reason why that particular city should be chosen. This makes me more concerned...Who knows what the voting public will do...

So, for the many of us who are bored at work, go online and vote and if you have a moment, let me know what city and flavor you picked...I am so curious as to how this will turn out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home