Waltzing Mathilda

Monday, July 06, 2009

Oh(ell)i(n)o

Another summer is upon us and another trip to Ohio to see my G is being discussed. Yes, my mother, my sister and her two children and myself and my kid are thinking about piling back into the Minivan of Doom and driving 20 hours in the space of 3 days. The menfolk are smart enough to stay at home.

What are we thinking? Obviously, we're not. We remember general awfulness about the last trip but our brains have apparently attempted to protect us by forgetting details. Even the little ones have forgotten most of the horror, as evident from this conversation between my 7 year old niece and my mother:

Mom: Rora, would you like to go on a road trip?
Rora: Yeah! (silence) Wait. Is that that very long trip that we took last year? When we were in the car for a long time?
Mom: Yes
Rory: (aghast and speechless)

I would reread my posting from last year's trip, but frankly I'm afraid to. All I know is that THIS time has to be much worse, mainly because of me. My bathroom schedule currently runs in 15 minute increments-Lord knows, it may take us the entire 3 days just to get there unless someone wants to give me a catheter.

Ew.

Husband meanwhile is looking forward to a weekend sans wife and child. Makes me wonder if he's going to "hike the Appalachian," iffen you know what I mean. (wink, wink)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home