Waltzing Mathilda

Thursday, July 13, 2006

"Because flies are f*&@ers!"

I found out my G (re: grandma) was reading my blog, so I guess I should watch the language.

The flies are back. Not as many as there were that first day. Maybe five a day? So I have decided to be more scientific in my anti-fly warfare. First step: Know Thy Enemy.

So today I have been windexing flies (I really should write to Windex and tell them how much I enjoy their product) and studying their (ultraclean! no streaks!) bodies after death overtakes them. I also took a break and actually used the Windex to clean my windows (didn't know you could use it for that too!). And I have identified my enemy.

The blow fly is identified by its metallic sheen. They feed on trash and decaying animals. They rarely breed inside of buildings. Which means that I either have a dead animal stuck somewhere in the house or I have air leaks in the house. Since we do keep our trashcan in the alleyway along the side of the house, I am going with this option (mainly because I don't want to think about the other possibility).

So this weekend will be "stash my trash" weekend. As I mentioned before, our trash can lid blew away (or was stolen-you never know, there could be a trash can bandit) sometime in March and we haven't seen a need to replace it. Showed us.

Oh, speaking of decaying matter-Michael came home wanting to watch Basic Instinct 2. He wussed out halfway through claiming it was too boring to be bad. While this was true, it would be useful for one thing: If you ever want to get truly hammered, rent the movie and take a shot everytime Sharon Stone says "come" or "came." After 15 minutes, you will pass out and won't have to watch the rest of the movie.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Have you considered checking the zombie basement might be something perished down there in last century...momdearest

     
  • At 12:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    G enjoys blog thinks you should be a writer, another women that she can't thinkk of her name that you sould like

     

Post a Comment

<< Home