Waltzing Mathilda

Friday, December 15, 2006

10 Things I (don't) Know About You

Let's talk first impressions.

I work with someone who thinks that, because I like horror movies, that horror is all I like. That I am some sort of gloomy, Goth person that thinks nothing of death and destruction.

If this person had enough brain cells to handle complex thought, I would try to explain to me that I like a lot of things. But I realize it is a lost cause.

But it led to me wonder about the impressions people have of each other. People naturally make assumptions about other people. I am curious about assumptions I have about others and if they are correct or not.

So what I am looking for here are 10 things that you think people would be surprised to know about you. Not your close friends and relatives-they presumably know this stuff. I am referring to people you work with or others you have a casual relationship with.

So here's my list. If you want to participate, post a comment on my blog entry with your own list or post a link to your own blog or website and put your list there.

10 Things You Don't Know About Me
1) I love Gone With the Wind
2) I love to cook (people at work are shocked by this)
3) I miss going to church sometimes
4) My goal in life is to buy a century old (or older farm), have a vegetable garden, and be one of those little old ladies selling preserves and veggies on the side of the road. I will have a straw hat and a cane to smack uppity people with.
5) I want to teach so I can make a positive contribution to society
6) I may hate makeup and girly things, but I like lotions and soap that smell like food
7) Actually, comedies are my favorite movie genre
8) I don't watch much TV, but when I do its Food Network, baby.
9) I am a complete slob at home (people at work think I am neat and organized)
10) I secretly love Christmas music, especially Bing Crosby and Burl Ives. (I can't stand the cheesy Mariah Carey-stuff, but I think people would expect that of me)

2 Comments:

  • At 1:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Alright...I posted a "10 Things You Didn't Know About Me". I accepted your challenge...

    http://reneeraymone.livejournal.com

     
  • At 12:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    gonna give it a try...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home