Waltzing Mathilda

Monday, February 05, 2007

Brrrrr

"Brrrr" was a vocabulary word last week for my 1st graders. Michael argued that it was not actually a word, but today has convinced me that whatever you want to call it, the first graders definitely needed to become acquainted with it.

My computer weather notification is flashing red at me-apparently, it's 11 degrees. With the wind chill factored in, it's 0. I think this means we have officially ceased to exist.

My mother casually e-mails me to see if its cold here. Mind you, she's in Florida. Its 60 degrees there right now.

Grrrrrr...

I mean, brrrrr...

Tonight, it is going down to 4. I considered e-mailing The Weather Channel to see if that was a typo. Perhaps they left out a 3 or a 5. It can go on either side of the 4-I'm not picky. I just think there should at least be two numbers.

I know, I know. It's 30 below in some parts of the country and, as my dad would say, I should quit my bitchin'. But he's in Florida, so why should I care what he would say?



Speaking of bitchin,' here's two articles for you to chew on:

Article 1

Article 2

This really riles me. Now first, keep in mind that Texas law allows parents to excuse themselves from mandatory vaccination based on religious reasons. Hey, if you are overly optimistic about your kid's immunity to disease, do your child the disservice. But really-parents who are concerned that vaccination might influence kids to have premarital sex have two problems-one, they apparently do not have a very good influence over their own children. Two, they seem to think that after marriage, there is a 0% chance of a woman catching an STD. Sure, their child might be the most pure, wonderful, innocent Jesus-like person walking the face of the planet, but how can they be 100% sure that child's future spouse will be too? Darwin at work, I guess.

Give it a break, people. Quitcher bitchin'.

Let's take this reaction to this vaccine further-there are the same people that would be protesting a vaccination/cure for AIDS. They would rather see people die than have premarital sex.

I'll repeat that-they would rather people die, suffer, have their children and loved ones endure loss-when it could have all been avoided-simply because they are afraid of sex.

Speaking of idiots-

Congrats to the Colts for stomping the Bears during the Superbowl. I don't really care about either team, but since I find Peyton Manning incredibly annoying, I was going to cheer for the Bears. Then I saw this and decides to cheer for the Colts just to piss these bastards off.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home