Waltzing Mathilda

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The South Will Rise Again

Sitting in Louis B. Armstrong airport right now. Sipping on coffee that I can't decide if it's good or not.

I didn't see any evidence of destruction on my way to the airport this morning. Fog coated the city and even now the sun is still struggling to burn through.

The city still has problems. We heard that there are service issues at some hotels (namely housekeeping, which is currently a limited workforse). One or two hotels supposedly smelled of mildew. One hotel came with a complimentary "pet" in a few of the rooms. And not the cute type that likes to eat cheese.

But I would definitely come back in a heartbeat, but maybe with some slightly larger pants. I swear I have gained 10 lbs here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home