Waltzing Mathilda

Monday, February 04, 2008

Runnin' Rhino

So this shirt reminded me of me this week. Thanks a lot, Threadless.

I've been working my butt off at the gym and this week, since we had the lovely variation of an ice storm on Friday morning to 65 degree weather by Sunday, I took my running outside. I played with my new running gadget, my Garmin Forerunner. It is very cool. And it makes me happy.

Unfortunately, I am one of those people that exercise doesn't count unless I can quantify it. It's not because I am anal, but I have noticed that I tend to overestimate any exercise when I don't keep track of it. So quantifying stuff keeps me honest.

I still have not lost any weight since this weightlossevil began. In fact, I still have those 2 lbs that I gained. But I have lost 1 1/2 inches overall (arms, stomach, legs, etc...). The only exception is that my calves have apparently expanded a bit. But they seem less wobbly and more muscular, so I am happy with that. Overall, can't complain.

And since Michael keeps "offering" to improve my running by chasing me down with a car, I have slightly more incentive to keep it up, despite the lack of diminishing poundage. 'Cause you never know when that boy is going to snap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home