Waltzing Mathilda

Friday, January 18, 2008

The Wizard of 'Os

We are babysitting my parents' dog this week-Chaos, the lovable collie. He is the last pet of my childhood and getting up in years. He is very grey and missing quite a few teeth. But still squeezable.

Maddy was both excited and concerned when she saw him. I had him blocked off with baby gates before she got home so he wouldn't sniff her to death. She screamed "Chaos!" delightedly. And then when I went to "make dinner" (i.e. pull the pizza out of the pizza box and put it onto plates) she was very upset-something about "Chaos, don't eat the Mommy." I tried to assure her that it was OK, to no avail.

Yes, the danger of going to the gym almost every frakkin' day this month is that I have to pass King's Pizza. I've worked up a pretty good craving. Mmmmm......olives & onions.

One of the first things 'Os did was anoint the snowman Maddy and I built out back. I have to admit, he was pretty pathetic in the first place-I only own cotton gloves, so I gave up on the project pretty quickly and our snowman stands at about 2.5 ft tall-but he didn't have to be yellow too...

And of course, the major concern is Igor. We rarely have seen Igor anyway since Tilda was born, but since 'Os has been in the house, we have not seen him at all. I did discover him under the bed at one point and I tried to reintroduce him to the new placement of his food dish but he seemed to not give a %&*!. Last time Mom & Dad's dog stayed at our place, Igor was so frightened that he refused to use the litter box. He decided using our bedspread would prove a better protest. We'll see if that happens again.

Mom and dad-I better get some tequila outta this...and a new bedspread...

By the way, Maria has totally inspired me to think again about getting another tattoo...if you have any ideas....I have always liked this image (think shoulder) and this image. (middle lower back)...but I'm open to suggestions. Always wanted a tattoo for Mother's Day...

2 Comments:

  • At 3:09 PM, Blogger Misty Beethoven said…

    I like both of those images for tattoos. I would maybe choose a color other than white for the kitties picture, as white sometimes is a weird color for tattoos. That will depend on the recommendation of the artist, really. That face image is fucking rad, by the way.

     
  • At 9:09 PM, Blogger waltzingmathilda said…

    I didn't even think about the coloring, but you are right. I will have to ponder that some more...

    My sister is coming up with symbols for each of her kids, but not obvious, corny symbols. I would love to do that, but whenever I google the phrase "Waltzing Mathilda" for inspiration, all I get are pictures of toothless, bearded men sitting by coolibah trees. Not something I want plastered on my body to be honest.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home