Waltzing Mathilda

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Spring-the Foul Temptress

On Monday it was 75 degrees, Tuesday 45 and windy, and today, it snowed. The seasons are *?%@ing with me again.

The weather this weekend was so pleasant that I realized that it was time for me to buy seeds for my garden. I spent (gulp) $90 on seeds and seed supplies.

I gradually letting myself get excited about my garden again. 2007 was so disappointing that I stopped even wanting to go out back and look at it. Drought, squash beetles, poor yields-they all conspired against me to make me sad.

But the cold weather has me thinking more and more about warm weather and I have been planning my garden. I'm venturing into the world of flowers for the first time, mainly because I can't get the grass in my yard to grow right. Or even. So I'm planning a medieval style garden with raised beds and flowers intermingled with veggies. I've already started most of my seeds and some have already sprouted. Yay me!

I just reread my post and realized it was a whole lotta boring. Sorry.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:01 AM, Blogger Kevin Smith said…

    It's okay, 'cause you're a whole lotta boring.

     
  • At 9:37 AM, Blogger Kelly said…

    My husband is a bastard and Mr. Jhon is a waste of oxygen. I apologize.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home