Waltzing Mathilda

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Maddy-isms

Maddy calls many buildings "castles"-most churches and the Charlestown Courthouse, for example.

Puppies are "puckie dogs."

Whenever I do something that Maddy is impressed by, she say, "Berry good, mommy, buko, excrsent." (i.e. Very good, mommy, (indecipherable) excellent).

Today, I was cleaning the floor. This must not happen often, because Maddy was fascinated by it. To the the point, she yelled out "DIRT!" and started dancing across the room.

She constantly asks to hear The Decemberists playing "The Mariner's Revenge Song."

She knows what "beer" is but not "root beer." ( My bad.)

Today, I started teaching Maddy to read using Kolsch words (gotta use my Master's for something.) She can recognize the word "Art". It's a st"art".

We have to do critter roll call every night. We have to account for kitty, second kitty, pucky dog, koala, and bunnyrabbit.

Tonight, Maddy decided she was afraid of the dragon storage bin that has been in her room forever. I think we convinced her it was a good dragon because, in the end, she asked to leave it up.

Never, in my 27 years did I think I would have to advocate on the behalf of a fabric dragon. (btw-they don't teach you these skills in school.)

1 Comments:

  • At 6:49 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Try convincing a 2 year old that lamp cords aren't snakes waiting to kill them.... parenting teaches many strange skills......

     

Post a Comment

<< Home