Waltzing Mathilda

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

"It's not TV...it's birth control"

This could apply to a lot of shows, but right now NBC is using this tagline to promote their new show "The Baby Borrowers" where they lend babies to teenagers who think parenting is a breeze.

But having been cooped up in a hotel room for the past few nights, I think this could apply to other shows:

Spongebob Squarepants-because you will have to watch it-all the time.

America's Got Talent-hey, I totally applaud anyone whose got the cahones to get up in front of national television and possibly embarass themselves. Even if their act sucks-and quite a few do. But there's always the chance that your kid will grow up to be an audience member. Seriously, these bloodthirsty people are akin to the attendees of the Roman circuses.

Jon & Kate Plus 8-I had heard about this show, but didn't really know what it was about. Turns out it is about a family that had a set of twin girls, decided they loved parenting, and then deciding to have one more-they ended up with sextuplets. So now they have two 6 year olds and six (count 'em 6!) three year olds. Watching the show, I saw six Maddys running around-and it terrified me. I think we can end the sex ed debate here-forget teaching abstinence, forget teaching birth control. Just show this program and have the family tour. Lord knows, I would have become a nun.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I saw the commercial for "The Baby Borrowers" last night! I'm not sure if the concept is frightening or pure genius.

    Oh and I've seen Jon & Kate Plus 8 but it still hasn't deterred me from wanting a child in the near future...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home