Waltzing Mathilda

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

April Foo's

So I "accidentally" left this page open on our Internet browser today. It was enough to cause Michael cautious concern. Nobody wants toddler 2.5. Right, Kel? :)

Leaving for Charlotte in about a week for work. Michael did a preliminary Q & A into what there is to do in Charlotte, NC. He received advice that the Shriner's parade was pretty good (erp!) and that there were pig brains to be had (eep!).

(Honestly, though, with Maddy touching into this Terrible Twos phase, I think I will welcome the peace and quiet a week in Charlotte will bring. Pig's brains or no.)

So, Maddy is in this strange phase where she makes assumptions about the things she sees around her-I think I have already mentioned that she believes all churches are castles. I started correcting her and then started to think it was more fun to believe what she believed. The new thing is that this is actually butterflies-at first, I told her that it was just dust reflecting in the sunlight and then I remembered my own childhood, thinking that the dust/particless/unknown looked golden and magical in the sunlight and why the hell should she not think it they are butterflies?

I wonder if Mom knows how much I liked the dust in the house...bet she does now....she would probably spaz to know that there was dust to be had in the house...

Speaking of OCD, Maddy no longer likes to take baths. You would be amazed at how difficult it is to give a 2 year old a shower. One time she found a bug in the bath and now searches meticulously for "ants" in the tub. (Wonder who she got THAT from?) Anyways, I myself can't really argue with this logic. So I stick her in the shower. Erg.

And today was one of the warmest days we have had all year-and also the day of my first buggy kill-a small fly. I consider it a warning to any other flies that dare to think my house is a safe haven. Until they help pay the mortgage, they are not welcome here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home